Tuesday 20 March 2012

10 Pound Challenge Update

I've been trying to decide if I should bother posting am update because I haven't lost any weight. I've been hovering around the same two or three pounds, right now I'm a pound or so heavier than when I started.

I've gained a bit of weight since I started my new job in October, but if I'm honest with myself it's mostly because of the delicious food the cafeteria serves here. I do more walking now at this job then I did at my last. I've also been able to take some free fitness classes and use the gym.

Last month I bought myself a fitbit. It's like a calorie counter on steroids. I keep it in my pocket all day at work and I can go home and see a graph of how active I've been during the day. It's a great visual of how much time is spent not moving! It also motivates me to increase my activity. I'm no where near my 10 000 steps everyday, but I'm getting closer! It's been worth every penny to me!

I've made big steps towards not eating out! We have been eating at home more regularly. I think this alone will help me lose a few pounds. I haven't managed to kick the soda habit, but I'm drinking a lot less!

I think the biggest thing I've realized is being skinny isn't really a high priority. Being healthy is. I want to eat healthy and have an active lifestyle but the numbers on the scale don't matter to me anymore. I need to make sure I'm healthy and in a healthy weight range. I'm pretty close to the high end of my healthy weight range, so I need to make sure I don't gain weight.

I need to make sure that my lifestyle is based on healthy choices and happiness, no obsessive scale watching (which I tend to do very well!)

No comments:

Post a Comment