Friday 8 August 2014

August Update #1

I have a couple of financial goals set for August.  I want to focus on the financial aspect of our lives this month because that is the only this we can really control.

Here are my two August financial goals:
Stick to Our Budget: Meaning when there is no money left, there is no money left.  No food money left? We aren’t going over and spending money eating out. No gas money, well we are going to have to budget that well because 32 kilometers is going to take me a long time if I am going to have to walk to work!

Pay off Credit Card #2: This is going to be a tough goal considering hubby added another $230 to his visa for tickets he bought me for our anniversary.  Very sweet, but very not in the budget. We are going to have to really scrimp and save to pay off the credit card this month, hopefully having extra food and gas money at the end of the month we can use towards the credit card.
The good news is I started working full time at the end of July after working part time for 6 months.  The bad news is there was a problem with payroll when I switched to full time and my first pay check this month was smaller than what I had in my budget.  It will be fixed on my next pay check, but because of taxes, it won’t work out quite the same.

This month hasn’t had the best start but I am determined to get it under control!

Here is what our planned spending budget looks like so far:
Food (including grocery and restaurant) $0/$600
Gas $0/$400
Household Goods $50
His Spending Money: $60/$120 (cash)
Her Spending Money $60/$120 (cash)
Pets: $81.77/$100

No comments:

Post a Comment