Monday 24 June 2013

Meal Plan Monday #1

Meal Plan Mondays

In order to hold myself responsible to sticking to our meal plans, I've decided to post our weekly meal plans.  Hopefully it will inspire some new ideas for you and will keep us on track!
Our meal plans consist of five dinners, Monday - Friday.  I do not meal plan for the weekend as we often go to my parents house or have another event where we aren't home.  I try to make a mix of tried and true and new recipes.
We strive for the following:
  • One seafood/fish meal
  • One pasta meal
  • One veggie meal
  • One beef meal
  • One chicken meal
This doesn't always happen, especially when we are using emeals for the base of our meal plans, but aiming for this allows us to have a variety.  I'm pretty sure if I let my husband decide he would be cooking beef, pasta and beef and pasta (think hamburger helper) all the time!
Our meal plan for the week of June 24th is:
  • Shrimp Tacos (emeals)
  • Grilled Chicken Pitas (emeals)
  • Hot dogs
  • Chicken Club Pitas (emeals)
  • Hamburgers and Corn on the Cob

No comments:

Post a Comment