Sunday 23 June 2013

TTC Post #7 - Had My HSG Test

Well I'm here to share my results from the HSG test which aren't great news.

We had to head to the hospital this morning and be there at 7:30 with the test starting at 8am.  We got there at about 7:15 and there were a few people ahead of us in line already.  They schedule 10 women at a time and only run the tests in the early morning. They led us in small groups to change and then we were lined up in our hospital gowns sitting in the hallway as we were called into the test room.

I was the 4th women in line and I got to see several women come out and most said it was a breeze.  I was glad that it sounded quick and painless.

When I got in, I was very nervous.  I had to lay on a bed while they inject the dye.  I won't go into graphic detail but they had trouble getting the dye into me and it was very painful because of this.  The doctor said they couldn't get dye into my right tube at all, it could be because it's blocked or because of the pain from the test making the dye not go in.  The doctor also said that my left tube looked strange, deformed.

This was not news I was expecting.  I was really upset.

The doctor said my fertility doctor would probably recommend I go for a laparoscopy so they can see my tubes better.  Hubby and I talked about this but because of the other conditions we are facing (low sperm count, not ovulating, PCOS) plus problems with the tubes, it seems more reasonable to go right to invitro fertilization (IVF).

Tough decision and I feel like my reality has changed a lot going from wanting to get out of debt to be a stay at home Mom with several children to wanting to get out debt to pay for IVF in hopes we can have one.

No comments:

Post a Comment