Tuesday 13 December 2011

We Got Our Christmas Tree!

This weekend my husband, my Dad and I went to get our Christmas tree. We drive about two hours out of the city and cut our tree from the forest.

In order to cut a tree, you need a permit. There are several places you can buy a permit - we bought ours in town before we left.

Saturday morning we headed out with our dogs, we have two and my parents have two - we had more dogs than people!
On the way, the zipper on my boot broke and we had to make an emergency stop at Walmart for me to get new boots. That was money I was not prepared to spend but it was necessary with all of the snow. We also we grabbed some fastfood while we were buying the boots - we really didn't need to buy that!

Once I had my boots and we got to the designated tree cutting place we were able to let the dogs out and run around in the snow.

There was tons and tons of snow and the dogs got tired quickly. We were able to find a smaller tree that was the perfect size for our living room.

The dogs slept all the way home, they were super tired from playing! It was dark by the time we got home and we didn't set up the tree. Hopefully we can do it tonight and get it decorated.


I've been going with my parents to cut a tree for Christmas since I was little, its one of my favourite traditions. Now I get to take my husband and perhaps we will get to take our kids one day as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment