Tuesday 13 December 2011

Good Food Box

I recently heard of the Good Food Box in Calgary and decided to give it a try. I am trying to eat more fruits and veggies so buying a box of assorted fruits and veggies seemed like a great idea!
The smallest box is $20 and you get about 20 lbs of produce. That is pretty good considering it works out to a dollar a pound. For more information about the program please visit their website.
I was very excited to get my food box, I was counting the days. When we picked it up from our local depot, everything was very fresh and nothing was spoiled or even close to going bad.  I will be doing it again in January for sure!
My December good food box included:
1 head of lettuce
1 head of cabbage
2 green peppers
2 heads of broccoli
1 bunch of celery
3 bananas
Large bag of grapes
4 tomatoes
3 apples
3 oranges
1 onion
1 lemon
4 beets
2lb carrots
2 heads of garlic
5lb potatoes
Here is a picture if my December good food box:

No comments:

Post a Comment