Wednesday 4 April 2012

To the Bank, To the Bank!

So I went to the bank last week, my husband was supposed to go with me, but he had to wait at home while we dealt with our series of unfortunate events.  I went in looked at different things to do with my RRSPs, and my advisor helped me look at what I need to save to retire.

Moral of the story, I'm 23 and I don't think I'll ever be able to retire!!!!!!! *end panic*

It just goes to show that you need to start planning early. I would like to get to a point where I can save my whole income and we can just live off my husbands.  We would certainly have a chance at retiring happily if we could live off of one income and save the other.

Right now though, we have to pay off our debt.  We are paying more interest than we are making, so it makes sense to keep snowballing our debt payments and then start snowballing our savings payments once we can really afford too.

My goal is to one day life off of one income, and save the other.

No comments:

Post a Comment