Wednesday 25 April 2012

Congrats to my Hubby!

This month my hubby got an unexpected HUGE raise.  It was very unexpected but very welcome, I had been stressing about money a little bit when I got the news.  He got a 39% raise!

That is right! THIRTY NINE PERCENT! When does that even happen?  He is one lucky boy and he knows he will probably never get that big of a raise at once again.

He is now making the same amount we were combined when we bought out house two years ago.  I thought, well paying off debt should be super easy now since we would have been able to live off his paycheque alone two years ago.  I looked through our expenses and our expenses have gone up, especially our utility bills! We also have a newer car, more money on insurance, and we have car payments. We also weren't saving anything and I was only saving 2% for retirement and my husband wasn't saving anything.

Now we are putting about 60% of my paycheque towards debt (including the car payment) and another 20% of my paycheque into savings.  Meaning we are living on his paycheck plus 20% of mine.

I finally feel like having children is a possibility in my future! By the time we have children - we can be debt free!

No comments:

Post a Comment