Saturday 14 January 2012

10 Pound Challenge

I joined the 10-pound Challenge hosted by Newlyweds on a Budget. Lose 10 pounds in 12 weeks, win $$$. Are you in?


I started a new job in October and since then have managed to gain weight even while trying to keep it off!  I've made some changes to my diet and have been coming up with more fun ways to get my physical activity in.  Now, I have joined this challenge and I think it is exactly what I need to give myself a big push!  10 pounds will put me back in my healthy weight range.

I know I can do this, I got married in August 2010.  When my wedding dress arrived in February 2010, it came too small! They had taken my measurements and I hadn't gained any weight but still, the back was not able to close by about 3 inches.  I was told that the dress could be taken out that much but if I gained any weight I'd be out of luck.  I took that as my personal challenge to lose some weight and fit into my dress without alterations!  In the 6 months before my wedding, I ate healthy and did a lot of walking and some hiking.  My soon-to-be husband went to the gym with  me and showed me how to use the weight machines. I lost nearly 20 pounds and ended up having my dress taken in!  Not to mention, I firmed up my arms and back and looked pretty good in my strapless dress!

Now, I have a big secret goal that I want to run a 5k.  Currently, I am not a runner, but I have been thinking about trying the couch to 5k program.  Maybe 2012 will be the big year for me to run a 5k?

The biggest challenges for me will be finding free/inexpensive activities and balancing a healthy grocery list with a healthy budget.  Another challenge will be cutting back on eating out, which is ongoing challenge.  Not eating out means saving money and being more healthy, it's a win win!

Good luck to everyone and thanks to Newlyweds on a Budget for hosting this challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment