Wednesday 30 November 2011

Reducing Gasoline

Well - I hate to say it, but I am pretty sure we spend more money on gas than we do on groceries.  I am hoping to increase the times before fueling.  There are pretty much two ways to do that - drive less, or be more fuel efficient.  Hubby and I are trying to drive less by going out less on weekends - we also spend less money when we are at home and get more done.  It seems to be a win win.  I do still have to go to work everyday, and so does hubby.  We used to carpool to work but now we work in opposite ends of the city. My drive is 32km to work one way.  I also get to sit in traffic and warm up the car on cold days (we have no garage and I park outdoors at work as well).  I find I am filling up once a week.  I drive a dodge journey suv and it costs me $60-$70 to fill.

My hubby on the other hand, drives a pick up truck.  Not a super huge diesel one, but it does cost around $90 to fill.  He doesn't have such a long commute to work and we use the dodge for all of our errands, he only fills up once a week or less.

Looking at November, we spent $426 on gas.  Ouch.  

By comparison, we spend $231 on groceries in November! Groceries were so low this month because we had a lot of stuff in the freezer we were using.

I filled up the Dodge on Saturday November 26th and I want to see how long I can make it last.  It cost $53.00

No comments:

Post a Comment